Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 3 - InDesign #2

This week we were asked to watch another demonstration video about InDesign, however, this time the video focused more on typography, and the different ways in which InDesign lets you manipulate text. We were asked to use In Design to create 5 different boxes of text, and then merge them all together. This was my final product.



As you can see the 5 different texts are all quite different. I decided to keep a white background as the overlapping of the text made it quite complex already. The first box of text I made was the dark blue one in the top left corner. I decided that I would make it have a "old" look to it, so I made the first letter a lot bigger than the rest of the text, as is traditionally seen in older texts. I chose the colour dark blue as I feel its quite a classic colour, seen a lot during tudor times. The next box of text I made is the red (almost maroon) one in the bottom left. For this one I decided to again go for a slightly older looking font, and more authentic looking. The next box I made was the black text box. As I had realised I was following a "time-line" trend, I decided that the text in the middle should be a timeless classic, so of course I went for the font Helvetica. I bolded the text and kept it black to keep it as neutral as possible. The next box I made was the light pink box in the top right corner. I decided to go for a very spaced out simple look for this text, as I feel like that is what a lot of the more modern text I see looks like. The last text box I made is the green text box, and for this one, as it was supposed to be the "futuristic" box, I decided to go for a font that is made up of symbols. I decided to arrange the boxes in the way I did because I thought it would be boring to do the "time-line" in order, so instead I put the boxes in a composition that I thought worked, and made them over-lap to show the continuance of time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment